From all of us at FreshYUMM we would just like to wish every single mother a Happy Mother’s Day and may you all enjoy your special day!!
Spoil your mother on mother’s day by giving her breakfast in bed. Eggs Benedict On Potato Fritters
is the perfect recipe for a delicious but elegant meal to make for one of the most important people in your life. #recipe #mothersday #spoilher #breakfastinbed #itsfresh #itsYUMM #eggsbenedictonpotatoefritters
For the full recipe click on the link below.
Mother’s Day Eggs Benedict On Potato Fritters Recipe
- 2 peeled and grated potatoes
- 1/2 grated onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper for seasonings
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3 egg yolks
- 150 g melted butter
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 6 poached eggs
- Add the potatoes and onions into a mixing bowl and add ice water just enough to cover the potatoes and sit for half hour. Meanwhile, you can do the hollandaise sauce while waiting for the potatoes.
- Drain water in a colander and then squeeze potatoes with your palm to remove any moisture left in the potatoes.
- Place eggs, flour, paprika, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Pour in the egg batter into the potatoes and stir to combine.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and place a table spoon of the potato batter into the pan. Cook for two minutes and flip the fritters over and cook for another two minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice and white wine vinegar in a bowl and whisk for a minute until it is combined.
- Pour a cup of water into a pot to a boil and reduce the heat to very low to simmer. Then place the mixing bowl on top of the pot without touching the water and whisk quickly to thicken the mixture.
- Add melted butter a tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly until butter is emulsified completely with the egg yolk. Remove from the heat and add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and stir.
- Finally serve it FreshYUMM style.